Celebrating our Faculty at our 2020 Virtual AGM
On Tuesday, November 3rd, UTDRO Faculty came together to celebrate the achievements of the 2019-2020 academic year at this year’s UTDRO Annual General Meeting. Lori Holden and Jeff Winter hosted this year’s event as our virtual MCs and while we missed meeting in person, our first-ever virtual AGM was a great time success.
Across the evening we welcomed our newest UTDRO Faculty (see below) as well as our most recent faculty promotions. We also noted the many external honours our exemplary faculty members earned in the past academic year, from Brian O'Sullivan's ASTRO Gold Medal to Andrea McNiven's 2019 Innovation In Medical Physics Education Award.
Our Chair, Fei-Fei Liu, also made note of the UTDRO success on the recent Green Journal 25 Most Cited List of the past 3 years: Since 2017, 3 of the 25 had UTDRO faculty as primary authors, and overall UTDRO was involved in one-third of all the papers! Congratulations to Edward Chow, David Jaffray, and Gerard Morton, and all the members of the teams at OCC and PM, who were instrumental behind all these projects.
The night would not be complete without the annual presentation of our education and research awards.
Congratulations to all the 2019-2020 Award Winners and the many accomplishments of our Faculty this past year!
2019-2020 New Faculty:
2019-2020 Award Winners
Medical Radiation Sciences Program
- Best Guest Lecturer Award: Vickie Kong
- Excellence in Classroom Teaching Award: Danielle Bentley (Dept. of Surgery)
- Excellence in Clinical Supervision Award: Krista Dawdy
- Excellence in Research Supervision Award: Merrylee McGuffin & Ruby Bola
Undergraduate Medical Education
Postgraduate Medical Education
- Advocacy & Mentorship Award: Alexander Louie
- Excellence in Research Supervision Award: Sten Myrehaug & Arman Sarfehnia
- Classroom Teaching Award: Kathy Han
Leadership and Development
- Professional Development & CME Award: Meredith Giuliani
- Cummings Education Leadership Award: Rebecca Wong
- Pamela Catton Award for Inter-Professional Education and Care: Andrea McNiven
- Best Annual Research Performance Award: Scott Bratman
- Excellence in Research Leadership: Eileen Rakovitch
- Rising Star Award (previously Outstanding Research Potential Award) – Alexander Louie
- Sustained Excellence in Research Award: Alex Vitkin