Entrance Requirements Overview
The MRiRT program is open to radiation therapy professionals who have demonstrated knowledge, skill, and aptitude in the entire radiation therapy care pathway (simulation, treatment planning and treatment delivery).
Scroll down to review the details for the following entrance and process requirements:
- Minimum Program Entrance Requirements
- English Language Requirement
- COVID Vaccine Requirement
- Step-by-step Admission Procedures
Minimum Program Entrance Requirements
Learners’ must be:
- Radiation Therapists who have been certified by the CAMRT
- Internationally educated radiation therapists (IEMRTs) who are graduates of programs considered equivalent to a Canadian accredited program
- Practitioners in good standing with all QA and license requirements in their respective regions
- Learners who have access to a computer that meets the minimum system requirements (microphone, speakers, camera), reliable access to the Internet and an email account
Preference will be given to those learners who provide proof of a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized Radiation Therapy program and 40 weeks clinical experience within the last 5 years in Radiation Therapy.
Applicants who do not meet the above criteria but who have current work experience in an appropriate and related field will be assessed on an individual basis. Submission of two letters of support will be required; one from a direct supervisor and one from your human resources department.
English Language Requirement
Since all lectures, seminars, and clinical placements are conducted in English, an adequate knowledge of written and spoken English is essential for learner success. Applicants for whom English is a second language may be required to provide proof of English language proficiency. The following tests and scores are acceptable proof of English facility:
(a) Internet-based test, minimum requirement is a total score of 100 + 22 on Writing section
(b) Computer-based test, minimum requirement is a total score of 250 + 5.0 on Essay
(c) Paper-based test, minimum requirement is a total score of 600 + 5.0 on TWE
- IELTS Minimum requirement is an overall band of 6.5 with no band below 6.0
Minimum requirement is an overall score of 86, with 32 in Writing, and 22 in Reading and Listening sections
COVID Vaccine Requirement
All learners must provide proof of full vaccination to participate in the 2-week hospital-based learning experience.
The application portal will become available January 4 - February 11, 2022. The following admission documents will need to be submitted to the UTDRO office to be considered:
- Complete UTDRO Online Application Form
- Proof of credentials (official transcripts (paper or eTranscripts required))
- Detailed resume or academic CV
- Letter of Intent
- Documentation required for IEMRTs:
- Official transcripts that are not in English must be accompanied by an English translation and an affidavit stating the contents of the translation are a true representation of the contents of the original document.
- The affidavit must come from the person who translated the document(s). UTDRO can accept only translation produced by a certified translator whose certification can be confirmed by a stamp or a membership number of a professional translation association. Translation by family members or friends are not acceptable.
- Letter from entry-level education program verifying length of program to include both didactic and clinical components
- Letter of Attestation
- Applicants for whom English is second language must provide proof of English language proficiency
- A $35 non-refundable application fee