UTDRO Alumni Award
UTDRO has one of the largest radiation residency, fellowship and physics residency training programs, as well as a BSc MRS Program that attracts some of the finest trainees. Many of our graduates have gone on to have distinguished careers, thereby affecting change, innovation and impact nationally and internationally. We would like to acknowledge the achievements of our alumni through a UTDRO Alumni Award.
The UTDRO Alumni Award is designed to recognize excellence in professional creativity, education, research or global health following graduation from our training programs.
Award nominees must fit the following criteria
- Be graduates of a UTDRO training program (radiation oncology residency, physics residency, fellowship, radiation therapy, MSc in radiation therapy)
- Be non-U of T faculty
- Have graduated from our training program within the last 10 years (2012 or later)
- Demonstrate excellence in the field of radiation medicine through education, research, creative professional activities, or global health
- Have contributed to the UTDRO community during and/or post-graduation
- Have not previously received a UTDRO Alumni Award
Nominations will be solicited from UTDRO faculty, trainees, and alumni community members. Joint submissions are welcomed. There is no limitation on the number of times an individual can be nominated.
The final selection will be made by the UTDRO Vice-Chairs Committee. The Awards Committee will also consider nominations previously received from the UTDRO community for the Temerty Faculty of Medicine Dean’s Alumni Awards.
The award recipient is announced at our yearly Alumni Reception at ASTRO. Due to concerns regarding registration numbers for the 2022 event in San Antonio, Texas, the UTDRO executive has decided to postpone the reception until 2023. Therefore, the recipient of the 2022 Alumni Award will be announced at the UTDRO AGM in 2022 and at the ASTRO Alumni Reception in 2023, which will take place in San Diego, California. We look forward to celebrating your achievements at those times.
Please follow the link below to complete the nomination form by October 3, 2022.