- MD, University of Toronto
- FRCPC, Radiation Oncology
- Novel molecular therapies & HTS: With the discovery of UROD as a novel radiosensitizing target, our lab is now expending a significant effort in trying to develop a small molecule inhibitor of this enzyme. This work is supported by a CIHR Proof-of-Principle grant, in collaboration with a porphyrin chemist based at the University of Texas – Austin. Other “hits” identified from the original screen are also currently undergoing secondary validation for future explorations.
- Molecular Predictors of Breast, Cervix, and Head & Neck Cancers: We are currently determining the biological mechanisms underpinning the differential clinical outcome between HPV-positive vs. HPV-negative oropharyngeal CAs (OPC). We are also conducting global micro-RNA (miR) profilings on human cervix, and nasopharyngeal carcinomas to both identify potential predictive signatures, and also to better understand mechanisms of cancer progression.
- Additional information is available on our Liu Lab website.
Professor & Chair, Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Toronto
Professor, Department of Medical Biophysics, University of Toronto
Professor, Department of Otolaryngology, University of Toronto
Staff Radiation Oncologist, Princess Margaret Hospital/University Health Network
Senior Scientist, Ontario Cancer Institute
Peter and Shelagh Godsoe Chair in Radiation Medicine
Fellow of ASTRO, 2019