Evening Series - The Academic Appointments and Promotion Journey
February 8, 2018
Panelists: Fei-Fei Liu, Shun Wong, Catherine Coolens, Rebecca Wong, Patrick Cheung, David Hodgson, Gerard Morton
Agenda and Objectives:
Dr. Fei-Fei Liu, Dr. Shun Wong - Academic Promotions/Appointments/3-Year Reviews (The Big Picture)
View the slides from Drs. Fei-Fei Liu and Shun Wong HERE
- To briefly describe the UTDRO Promotions/Appointments/3-year Review process.
- To provide advice for those faculty preparing for Promotions/Reviews.
- To describe criteria for references and external reviewer and advice regarding whom to ask.
- To describe relevant timelines for the Promotions process.
Dr. Rebecca Wong, Dr. Gerard Morton - On Teaching Effectiveness
View the slides from Dr. Rebecca Wong HERE
View the slides from Dr. Morton HERE
- To describe the Teaching Effectiveness Committee, including who it comprises of.
- To describe what a Teaching Dossier is.
- To provide tips on how to successfully prepare a Teaching Dossier and Teaching Table Summary.
Dr. David Hodgson - Inside The Decanal Promotions Committee
View the slides from Dr. Hodgson HERE
- To describe the Decanal Promotions Committee.
- To discuss how this committee works and reports to the Dean.
Dr. Catherine Coolens, Dr. Patrick Cheung - Practical Tips
- To discuss personal experiences of going through the Promotions process
- To offer advice for future candidates.