Accelerated Education Program
New Courses coming up 2022-2023!
- Accelerator Technology Online Education Course (March 23 - April 13, 2022)
- Liver IG/SBRT Education Course (Coming Spring 2023!)
Scroll down for more information!
About the Accelerated Education Program
In partnership with the Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Toronto, the Radiation Medicine Program (RMP) at the Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, is making major contributions to the radiation medicine community by accelerating the mobilization and translation of knowledge into practice. With a large cadre of expert professionals, educators and researchers, the Radiation Medicine Program is uniquely positioned to accomplish this goal. The Accelerated Education Program (AEP) was initiated in 2005 to develop programs to disseminate innovative research and practical knowledge generated in RMP, and to explore educational methodologies to facilitate this.
The Accelerated Education Program is putting innovation to work through educational programs dedicated to promoting essential aspects of clinical care. Participants in our AEP Education Courses will:
- Learn from the team of expert clinicians with over 10 years of experience with IGRT implementation and insight into building a strong quality program and culture
- Enjoy the intimate learning environment that ensures a low participant to faculty ratio.
- Benefit from the goal-oriented curriculum using real life clinical examples and a variety of interactive, hands-on experiences.
- Connect with the interprofessional team sharing their stories from the front lines of clinical implementation and care.
- Take advantage of the ample scheduled time for discussion and social activities that encourage informal conversation amongst participants and faculty
These programs are open to all of UTDRO.
2022 AEP Courses
Accelerator Technology Online Education Course
March 23 - April 13, 2022
The Accelerator Technology Education Course (ATec) is targeted at those interested in enhancing their understanding of linear accelerator technology. This immersive course will examine the theory, functionality, and basic service principles of linear accelerators in a multidisciplinary forum emphasizing the clinical relevance of all components of linac servicing - from beam tuning, troubleshooting imaging systems and safety issues related to accelerator servicing.
Liver IG/SBRT Education Course
Coming Spring 2023!
Join us for an exciting on-site CME course, led by Dr. Aisling Barry and Dr. Laura Dawson, internationally respected radiation oncologist. Experience an intimate, immersive learning environment, where you and expert clinicians will spend 2.5 days discussing relevant clinical, pathologic, radiobiological, oncologic and technological principles that guide the assessment, decision-making and treatment of patients diagnosed with HCC or metastatic liver disease. This course is targeted at all radiation medicine professionals.
Have questions? Contact the Accelerated Education Program.
Need more information? Visit the Accelerated Education Program website.