UTDRO Faculty at CARO and ASTRO
Dear UTDRO Faculty,
As you know, the 2017 CARO Annual Scientific Meeting will be held at the Hilton Toronto, September 13-16, 2017. This conference is for Radiation Oncologists, Medical Physicists, Radiation Therapists, Basic Science Researchers, Oncology Nurses, Administrators and Trainees. We would like to encourage you to attend this meeting while bringing your attention to the UTDRO contributions for this year’s event:
- Gerard Morton is on the Board of Directors of CARO 2017 and will be presenting the prestigious Jean Roy Lecture entitled “Brachytherapy Education in an Era of High Technology” on September 16, 2017 at 9:30am.
- Brian Liszewski , Jennifer Croke, Meredith Giuliani and Irene Karam are on the ASM Organizing Committee.
- Meredith Giuliani and Barbara-Ann Millar are CARO 2017’s Theme Symposium Speakers.
- UTDRO Faculty (Meredith Giuliani, Gerard Morton, John Kim, Douglas Moseley, Jennifer Croke, Scott Bratman, Laura Dawson, Arjun Sahgal, Andrew Loblaw, Mark Ruschin and Peter Chung) are in charge of the CARO 2017 Resident Refresher Course as well as the Evolving Trends in Canadian Radiation Oncology session.
- Overall, UTDRO Faculty contributed almost 20% of all posters presented at CARO this year.
- Approximately 35% of all oral presentation include UTDRO Faculty members.
- Finally, UTDRO Faculty are leading 5 out of the 6 workshops presented at CARO 2017.
Details are available on the CARO Annual Scientific Meeting website.
The ASTRO Annual Meeting will take place on September 24-27, 2017 at the San Diego Convention Center. This is one of the most important meetings for the radiation oncology community, with more than 11,000 people attending each year. As many UTDRO Faculty members are attending this year’s meeting, please note our faculty’s posters and oral presentations:
- Our Faculty will be presenting posters during the poster sessions on September 24-25, 2017. Please be on the lookout for our posters from Joelle Helou, Eric Leung, Grace Lee, Justin Lee, Andrew Loblaw, Catherine Coolens, Claire McCann, Mark Ruschin, Hany Soliman and Ewa Szumacher.
- Brian O Sullivan will be chairing the session entitled Challenging Cases in Head and Neck Cancer on September 26, 2017; while on September 25, 2017, Eric Leung will moderate the GYN 1 – Cervical Cancer session; and on September 26, 2017, Arjun Sahgal will moderate the CNS 1 - High Grade Gliomas, Neurotoxicity and Benign CNS Conditions session.
- Please also attend our faculty's oral presentations given by Andrea Bezjak, Scott Bratman, Laura Dawson, Benjamin Lok, Andrew Loblaw, Fei-Fei Liu, Gerard Morton, Douglas Moseley, Derek Tsang, Eric Leung and Jennifer Croke.
The dates for the poster sessions and oral presentations can be found at the ASTRO 2017 Program website.
Details are available on the ASTRO Annual Meeting 2017 website.
The Department of Radiation Oncology also invites you to register for our annual U of T alumni reception during the ASTRO meeting in San Diego and our Annual General Meeting at the University of Toronto Faculty Club.
UTDRO Business Manager