Research Day 2019
We are excited to showcase and celebrate some of the great research happening across UTDRO through the submitted abstracts, oral presentations, and posters for Research Day. We encourage all of our trainees to submit their abstracts for an opportunity to present their work. Faculty members please encourage your team to submit their work and distribute this communication as necessary — any trainee supervised by a UTDRO faculty member is eligible to participate.
Research Day will be held on May 9, 2019 from 12:00 pm to 5:30 pm at the Estates of Sunnybrook.
Oral Presentation Guidelines
- Oral presentations will be 8 minutes + 2 minutes Q&A
- Oral presentations should be done in Microsoft Powerpoint. They will be uploaded onto a laptop on TBD, a few days prior.
- All presentations should display the UTDRO logo
Poster Presentation Guidelines
- Posters need not be expensive, but should be clear, legible from a 1 meter distance and fit onto a 6’x3’ poster board
- A supply of Velcro dots will be available in the poster area for mounting your poster.
- We will be holding a Rapid Fire Session for the posters. All poster presenters are required to participate in the Rapid Fire Session. Each presenter will have 1-minute to present 1-3 key take home messages about their project.
- A single Powerpoint slide needs to be submitted for the Rapid Fire session and should include your name, the title of your presentation, and what your research project is about. The Powerpoint slide is due TBD.
- Posters need to be removed at the end of the day. Those left behind will be placed into recycling.
- Please see additional guidelines here:Poster Presentation Guidelines 2017.pdf (113.47 KB)
Instructions for submission
- Abstracts will be submitted on-line — submit your abstract here!
- Abstracts must be submitted by the deadline (midnight, March 4, 2019)
- Any trainee who has a UTDRO Faculty member as a supervisor is eligible to present at Research Day
- All clinical, translational and basic science work will be considered
- One first-author submission per trainee
- Maximum 450 word limit
- Format will be: purpose; methods; results; conclusions as per the on-line submission tool
- Abstracts with “results to be presented” will not be considered, although submitted results may be updated at the meeting presentation.
- All abstracts will undergo blinded peer-review, and will be chosen for one of oral presentation, poster presentation, or not for presentation
- Presenters will be notified of their status