Evening Journal Club - The Academic Appointments and Promotion Journey
UTDRO encompasses an academic community of 6 Cancer Centers in Southern Ontario (Princess Margaret, Odette, Southlake, Royal Victoria, Oshawa and Credit Valley). Therefore, it is fundamental to provide a forum to exchange clinical, research and educational knowledge. The UT-DRO Evening Journal Club (EJC) will help establish collaborative teams with members from different cancer centers to advance scholarly mandates.
- To develop knowledge exchange on clinical, research and educational topics within UT-DRO.
- To promote opportunities for collaboration within UT-DRO
- To provide the participants with a global overview on the selected theme for the event
- To showcase UTDRO innovations in the topic theme
- To strengthen our academic community within UT-DRO through social interactions
The Evening Journal Club takes place 3-4 times a year. The last event took place on February 8, 2018.
View the agenda HERE
Co-Chairs: Eric Leung, Jennifer Croke
Panelists: Fei-Fei Liu, Shun Wong, Catherine Coolens, Rebecca Wong, Patrick Cheung, David Hodgson, Gerard Morton
Agenda and Objectives:
Dr. Fei-Fei Liu, Dr. Shun Wong - Academic Promotions/Appointments/3-Year Reviews (The Big Picture)
View the slides from Drs. Fei-Fei Liu and Shun Wong HERE
- To briefly describe the UTDRO Promotions/Appointments/3-year Review process.
- To provide advice for those faculty preparing for Promotions/Reviews.
- To describe criteria for references and external reviewer and advice regarding whom to ask.
- To describe relevant timelines for the Promotions process.
Dr. Rebecca Wong, Dr. Gerard Morton - On Teaching Effectiveness
View the slides from Dr. Rebecca Wong HERE
View the slides from Dr. Morton HERE
- To describe the Teaching Effectiveness Committee, including who it comprises of.
- To describe what a Teaching Dossier is.
- To provide tips on how to successfully prepare a Teaching Dossier and Teaching Table Summary.
Dr. David Hodgson - Inside The Decanal Promotions Committee
View the slides from Dr. Hodgson HERE
- To describe the Decanal Promotions Committee.
- To discuss how this committee works and reports to the Dean.
Dr. Catherine Coolens, Dr. Patrick Cheung - Practical Tips
- To discuss personal experiences of going through the Promotions process
- To offer advice for future candidates.